- What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files that websites place on your device as you are browsing. They can store a wealth of data, enough to potentially identify you without your consent.
- Types of Cookies:
- Session cookies: Temporary cookies that expire once you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies: Remain on your device until you erase them or they expire.
- First-party cookies: Placed on your device directly by our website.
- Third-party cookies: Placed on your device by third parties, like advertisers or analytic systems.
- Purpose of Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: Essential for you to browse the website and use its features.
- Preferences cookies: Allow our website to remember choices you’ve made in the past.
- Statistics cookies: Collect aggregated and anonymized information about how you use our website.
- Marketing cookies: Track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising.
- Managing cookies:
- You have the right to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
- GDPR and Cookies:
- Cookies, insofar as they are used to identify users, qualify as personal data and are therefore subject to the GDPR. We obtain users’ consent before using any cookies except strictly necessary ones.
- ePrivacy Directive:
- Also known as the “cookie law”, it addresses the confidentiality of electronic communications and the tracking of Internet users. We comply with this directive by obtaining users’ consent before using cookies.